March 10, 2015

I got back earlier today from the Splitknuckle / World Weary tour, & I've been itching to express my thoughts here since  getting onto the coach back from London...

I can hand on heart say Splitknuckle are my personal favourite UK band, as well probably one of my favourite UK bands there's been in general. I couldn't be happier having them on the label. I first experienced them live when putting them on a Southampton show December 2012. Over time I was noticing they were slowly progressing their sound gradually, along with some line up changes at various points along the way. I saw them a few other times & could feel they were soon going to be onto something really good. What they've come to mold themselves into really is something, to me the metalcore / hardcore / metal / beatdown combination they have come up with is my perfect style of music. The riffs are groovy, technical, hard, bouncy, fast. The heavy mosh parts are well thought out & not obvious what is going to happen, you expect the song to be going to throw-down central, only for blast-beats to come in out of no-where. More than anything though getting to become friends with the guys has been the best part, as I think their personality more than anything shines through making the music even more enjoyable. These are seriously some of the most friendly, open, honest & genuine people I know in hardcore. Get ready for the new release.